oops.... Should I let him be in her life no when he wasn't there in the begining and I've already filed him for child support?

He wasn't there to help me take care of our daughter like he said he would and now out of nowhere wants to be in his daughter life. Should I forgive him for my daughters sake or forget about him and move on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• well he is her father and he can still be in her life and pay child support. if she means anything to him paying for her won't bother him
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Forget about him....
    He is your daughters father...
    .He SHOULD be a part of her life.
    What he did to you is not the question...him wanting to be apart of her life is what is important.
    If he abused your daughter well then that is different.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• how old is she?
    Anonymous

• It does not matter how old she is..
    the fact is he is your daughters father and should be apart of her life.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Speaking from experience if he has changed and will be a good influence on your daughter than you should really let him become part of your daughter's life. I wouldn't just hand her over to him for a weekend but maybe spend sometime together as a "family" first so that she knows it is ok. My mother did everything that she could to keep me away from my father and to this day I hate her for it. He wasn't the greatest guy in the world, we all have our faults, but I felt that it was my choice if I didn't want him to be in my life. PM me if you want to know more. I could go on all day about my disfunctional family.
    ilovemyboys2

Answer by ilovemyboys2 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i was asking how old she is DANNEE because if she is old enough she can make the decision on her own. thanks though for butting in.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is now 2 years old and he father hasn't been involved in her life much for the past 2 years.
    Anonymous

• Was not butting in NASTY ONE anon...
    I was giving my thoughts.....just like YOU
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• He has rights as her father. She will be the one who sufferes for it if not given the chance to build a relationship with him. You don't have to like him. It would be better for all of you though if you are able to meet in the middle, forget past wrongs and agree that what is most important is raising your daughter the best way you know how. I'm not saying it will be easy. It can be easier if you can both work together. Whatever you do never,ever put her in the middle. As she grows it is a pain inside a child you can't imagine unless you've been there. I can tell you first hand.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Like it has been said he is her father and whether or not he is good he has the right to see her. You both have to be at least civil for her case she needs both of you and you two are goin to have to work on it. She doesn't need to see her parents argue or have one talk about the other not saying that is the case but just saying. I grew up with an absent father, he came around when he choose to. My mom never put him down for it or made excuses for him. Unless her safety is being question then thats different. She will be able to make the decision on her own when she's older. If you make the choice to exclude him from her life she may resent you when she is older, let him make his own grave for that.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 2:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009