It is okay?

I'm about 7 weeks pregnant, and everything makes me nausiated..... I have my breakfast, my lunch a a couple snaks in between. But I don't have dinner, maybe if I'm running somewhat hungry I eat something very small otherwise my stomach will be very uneasy. I guess my question is: is it okay to just have two full meals instead of three??
I ate before the dinner, and not so late (about 5-6pm), and I would feel sick by the time I went to bed around 9:30pm. That's why I'm skipping dinner.

jcampos

Asked by jcampos at 2:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes its okay to eat more too just make sure you are healthy and the baby is and your fine.
    Anonymous

• Yes its fine momma, just make sure your taking your prenatal pills, anything you can hold down go agead and eat:) thats how i was through out my whole pregnancy
    Ruby11

Answer by Ruby11 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We as adults have a mind set on certain things, don't we? We are taught 3 meals a day, brush your teeth 3 x per day, drink 8 glasses of water..etc..etc..! Eat when you are hungry, always keeping your child in mind. Keeep you check-ups with Doc, and keep him/her informed...you will be fine! CONGRATS!
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Sure!! It beats having that third meal, then throwing up it & possibly everything else you had eaten earlier!!
    Hope you feel better!
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• doctors tell you that its a lot easyer if you eat 6 small meals a day then 3 big meals when you are first pregnant
    Anonymous

• i was told you shouldnt ever go 6 hrs w/ out eating- its not healthy for a growing baby that cannt even use the vitamins over a serving each meal- i use to eat one or two huge maels and that s it- i use to skip breakfast and got chewed out by my dietitian- i'd say try eating something small at dinner- even a yogurt, or fruit shake- thats thick with fruit- but hand in there it'll get easier! please take your vitamins no matter what though!
    KITTYLITTLES

Answer by KITTYLITTLES at 4:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My midwife told me the baby will take what it needs from you, and plus the first trimester is super hard for a lot of ladies. I pretty much lived on Gatorade and saltine crackers because that was about all I could manage to keep down, and so far with my ultrasounds and checkups baby is healthy. Of course, now my appetite is back with a vengeance... you will get there too, just make the best of the worst!
    Amanda_Jeanne

Answer by Amanda_Jeanne at 6:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2009