POTTY TRAINING. anyone have tips?

how do i go about potty training a 16 month old girl? shes showing all the signs of being ready nd she takes her diaper off no matter what she wears and i dont have a choice. does anyone have any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when she is ready she will potty train on her own it takes time and patience but she will you buy the dolls that go potty and that might get her interested
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• With my son it was hard. I'd sit him on the potty every 20-30 mins or so. He didn't want to do it, but he was almost 3 or just turned 3. Then finally one day I put him in underwear and let him go in them. That only took 2 or 3 times, he hated it. then he finally started going. It may be a little early for her yet. She will do it when she is ready to. Doesn't mean to stop what your doing tho. Just got to be patient.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I started my daughter at that age, because she was doing the same. I couldnt keep a diaper on her.
    My advice would be let her go and pick out some big girl panties, and let her pick out which cover she wonts. My daughter picked out elmo, and she loves it. Also clap and sing a potty song with her. maybe give her a treat after shes done. Also hid all diapers if you start, dont put another on her, let her wear big girl panites all day, and a pull up at night. GOOD LUCK
    Staceyymichelle

Answer by Staceyymichelle at 2:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My daughter did this at the same age... I tried to potty train but she wasn't ready to be in control of herself yet.. so my suggestion would be: be patient with her and don't push- that only sets potty training back. If she takes it Great! If not, just keep putting the diaper back on her.. if she's figured out how to take everything off, duck tape.. yeah I know that's very controversial.. but I had to do it for a short time and then my daughter stopped trying to take it all off.. :) she was sleeping naked.. can't do that, esp in our winters :)
    LainesBabies

Answer by LainesBabies at 3:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2009