how are your rings (engagement and wedding band) supposed to go?

Are you suposed to have your engagement ring on then your band? thats how i thought it was supposed to be, cause the engagement ring came first.. am i wrong?

sheilanaz4

Asked by sheilanaz4 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Yep, you are wrong. LOL! I used to think the same thing myself though. The wedding band actually goes on first because that way it is closest to your heart. (That's what I was taught anyway) But....if you prefer it the other way for looks or some other reason, I doubt the ring police wil come knocking at your door! :)
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• The wedding band is closest to you, then your engagement ring.

(that's the way I learned)
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think your wedding ring goes on,then your engagement ring,because it puts your wedding band closer to your heart.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Wedding band goes closest to your heart
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• According to the etiquette book by Emily Post..lol..yes I still have one:

"Wedding band is placed on your third finger left hand during the ceremony. After the ceremony you many slip your engagement ring on as well. Your wedding band should always remain first on the hand to represent that nothing comes before your vows."

Old and corny..but that's what it says

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i wear my engagement ring then my wedding band only because..my engagement ring had to be like half a size bigger because the half size smaller was way too tight so my wedding band keeps my engagement ring from flying off!
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• wedding band is supposed to be "closer to your hears" the wedding band goes on first and the engagement ring is put on after
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 2:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• hmmm iv had it the other way and i just put it the way everyone says its supposed to go and it looks funny lol.. maybe just me.. lol
    sheilanaz4

Answer by sheilanaz4 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2009