How many of you dissatisfied with the government..

and threatening to leave the country have actually BEEN out of the country, to say, Mexico? No, not to Cancun or a resort, but to Juarez, or Tijuana? Have you been to Africa? Have you been to an Eastern European country, say Poland?

Do you realize that even in this economy how spoiled we are? If you haven't been out of this country, what are you comparing your opinions to? So, where have you been that's not America and POOR?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OP here -- still not seeing any answers to the question.
    Anonymous

• I don't like the government getting overly involved with us. I don't like them telling me how to raise my children. I'm hoping it never gets to an extreme while I'm alive, but it's possible.

If it became extreme would I move out of the country? I might. Where would I go? I am not sure since I haven't had to research that yet.

Why are you in such a tissy?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• America is a great country. It is a country that is only as great as the people who live here. Sadly, the people here are becoming lazy, spoiled and are very much entitled. Obama will continue that. Democrats finally have a society that will allow them to finally turn us into a complete Welfare state with more laws than people eventually. We have considered moving to Europe and finding a Socialized country that at least will do it right. But we love America and even with the fall that is coming will stay and fight for lesser Government and more personal responsibility. The poorest person in America has is much better than the poor in almost any other country.

Anonymous

• I've travelled all over, been in the military, seen poverty at horrific levels, grew up in a horrific level of poverty, and usually do not like to talk about this. I am NOT dissatisfied with the government, I am dissatisfied with my fellow americans who want it all, socialism, government assistance, but yet do not defend our country. Why not stand behind everything our country has fought for? behind those service men and woman who have been on the terrorist hunt, secured them, for the safety of THIS PLANET! Instead we are going to give terrorists a warm bed, 3 meals, a fair trial - all on our dime. Why not here's a blanket a 10lb bag of rice, and call it a day? Other countries and terrorists laugh at us, we are becoming softies. No bite behind our bark. What is stopping future terrorists from plotting, if the only down-side is being captured and given a comfy trial?
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 2:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Actually I am VERY dissatisfied with my government but why should I have to leave my country. The solution would be to put the criminals in Washington in prison where they belong and take back our country. Anyone who would like to know the Constitutional reasons THEY can be put in prison, feel free to send me a message it is my duty as an American citizen to inform all who want to know. Please note that I am not ashamed or scared of what I believe I don't post anonymous.
    sassy_grammy

Answer by sassy_grammy at 2:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have been all over and have seen the poverty we are spoiled. So what.
    Anonymous

• we let the government due this to us by just standing by and griping but not doing anything so we have done this to our selves we have elected those that make these laws so we are the ones at fault.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• The Government has not made society spoiled and lazy. The American people have done that to themselves. The Congress and President only grow Social Entitlements and put laws on the books to appease the lazy in our country to win votes. The American people are at fault. Our Government is giving us what we want but now it is destroying the economy we blame the President who did what we wanted. Obama hopefully will get a back bone and do what is needed not what we want. I am sick of living with whiny give me everything people it really sucks. Get a freaking job, don't live outside your means and cellphones, cable and designer labels are all wants not needs.

Anonymous

not everyone is whiny and want everything, without doing the work, there are many people that work there butts off to get nothing but they still keep at it.
    Anonymous

• I'm not dissatisfied with our government. I am however, dissatisfied with the VOTERS who elect the people, that create the government, that is running this once fabulous country in to the ground!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009