gay pastors

How can a pastor/preacher/bishop be gay and still be one?How does that work when God does not believe in that stuff?Just wondering.....

(posting anonymos b/c I dont want the heat I honestly want to know this)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well my first thought is....how do you know that is not what God believes but I know the answer so moving beyond that.

I would say because being heterosexual does not make you more or less spiritual than a homosexual.

Besides religion was created by man...not God.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• first off i wana say this much. If you believe in god then you believe god made us all right? Ok then so obviously god made certain people gay becuz we dont just wake up one day and decide hey i wana be gay. How they do it i dont know but i dont think it matters. would you like your pastor any less if he was gay? Would it really matter. Its pothetic to think you have to be straight to go to heaven and to believe in god. God loves everyone of us as we are his children.
    Anonymous

• It can't! They are in open rebellion to the bible. This ought not be a suprise for the believer. The bible said this would happen in the last days.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 2:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• There are many non gay pastors who have not read the Bible and teach false doctrine. Gay pastors are the same way. They are all heretics and someday will have to answer to God for leading people astray.
    Anonymous

• Love the Sinner Hate the sin. Being gay is not the sin. The sin is engaging in homosexual behavior.
    Anonymous

• i agree with anon 2:48. i don't believe we are born gay. in our church he would be removed from being bishop. we have standards we live by and we never want to say one thing is allowed or not allowed but do the opposite.same as when you say live as i do not as i say. we set the example in everything we teach in our church especially the bishop and if he isn't then he is removed from holding that position. i was teaching a class at church but when i confessed my sins i was removed. i had no hard feelings cause i believe that we all most be chaste and pure and living righteously to serve for the lord. even if no one knew it but me and our bishop. the lord does and requires that we are pure at heart mind and body.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yep... Anon 1:48, you're right on!
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 4:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• If God didn't believe in it...then why did he make them gay?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Love the Sinner Hate the sin ... The sin is engaging in homosexual behavior.

I agree with this statement - though not the entire posting because I do not validate homosexuality as a "given". God does not either otherwise he would not have given Scriptural hope to change this behavior. ALL behaviors can be changed.

EXODUS is a homosexual Outreach that has has years of success in ministering to homosexuals that love God but have been told they could not change their lifestyle.

That is a LIE! Behaviors can be cahanged - EXODUS OUTREACH in California.

Anonymous

• No them cannot. Not biblical.
    Anonymous