How do i deal with this?

My son is almost 3. I'm currently getting ready to have a baby very soon! well the past few days my son has been hell on wheels. he has spent a majority of his time in the corner or in his room. well last night i sat him down and asked him why he was being so out of control. And he comes right out and sayd because he doesnt want a brother and he doesn't love me any more..before the attitude change he was kissing my belly saying i love you little brother...now he's made a total turn around..i don't know what to do!! I need some answers on how to help him adjust to the new baby..and get him used to the idea that he's not the only baby anymore!

AustinsMommy306

Asked by AustinsMommy306 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Classic sibling rivalry..and the baby isn't here yet. He sees the changes in you, he likely sees things being prepared and he's scared. Spend some extra cuddle time with him. Talk about how much you love him. About how special he is. About how much Mommy will need his help.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I had my children 1 year and a month apart, I told my son that he was getting a little sister...and I asked him if he was going to help me play with her...he got excited about that..I think that it is one of those things that he will be saying untill it happens, even then make some family time, and some mommy and son time. I try to do a special project with the kids individually once a week...even if it is as simple as baking banana bread with my daughter then playing a computer game with my son..and we always have a story together or a board game together at the end of the day.
    machavampire

Answer by machavampire at 8:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My boys are 3 years apart and my 1st hated my 2nd. I cried alot when I brought the 2nd son home because my older son acted out because of his new brother. This to will pass and new problems will surface. My boys are 11 and 8 and love each other one minute and fight the next. It's hard to share mom with someone new. Show him how he is a big boy and spend one on one time with just you and him even when the baby is here. He wants to feel important.
    morekids226

Answer by morekids226 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• my kids are 2 years apart while i was pregnant with my youngest i talked about the baby alot. after the baby was born i made sure to involve my daughter as much as possible doing little things like getting me a diper or handing me the wipes as i needed them. she def. did have her moments when she realized that this baby is not going away and she had to share my attention. but while the baby slept i always mad sure to make special time with her. even now they are 3 and 1 and there are still times where i have to do something special with her. at first it was really hard but it has gotten much easier she has learned to play with him what he can and cant do.
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009