Newborn baby constipated...Help!!!

I feel so bad she is straining and crying a horrible hurt cry. What can I do for her??? Please Help!!! I have alreafy tried bathing her in a warm bath and rubbing her belly but she just screams and it didn't seem to help.

bellasmommy09

Asked by bellasmommy09 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Molasses will also work (I thought it worked better) if you are out of karo syrup. I had to use it regularly in at least one bottle a day for my kids so that wouldn't get constipated.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• is she bottle fed or breastfed? this will only work if she will take a bottle put a tiny tiny bit of Kyro syurpe in her bottle with her milk it will help her go with in 12 hours sometimes 24 hours. its safe and most people have it in there cabinets for baking. if shes breastfed you might have to find another way to get her to drink it.
    Anonymous

• I had the same thing when my daughter was really little. I used Cairo (sp?) syrup. Just put a little in with her formula and that will make her unconstipated. Good Luck!
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I was told mulitiple things to try when my newborn was like that, From adding Kyro syrup to the bottle, to added more water to the bottle, changing formula, but none of that seemed to work for us, we had to get Lactolous prescription from the peditrician.
    Anonymous

• here is a great web site. Many ideas and also how to keep it from happening.....

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/constip.htm
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I gave my daughter mint tea and it worked right away.
    Marlo1007

Answer by Marlo1007 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My pediatrician recommended warm baths too. She also said that you could insert a rectal thermometer into their, umm, rectum and move it around a little bit. This will stimulate the muscles to contract and push out the, umm, stuff.... Here's what MayoClinic.com says about the Karo syrup cure: "...concern has been raised about whether corn syrup is a source of bacterial spores that produce Clostridium botulinum bacteria. These bacteria are typically harmless to older children and adults. But when ingested by an infant, these bacteria make a toxin that can cause infant botulism.
    According to a 2006 report from the American Academy of Pediatrics, manufacturers of corn syrups can't guarantee that their products are free of these bacterial spores."
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• There are OTC suppositories for babies. I used them for my first baby.
    morekids226

Answer by morekids226 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• mylicon works it is for gas but it will help and apple sause and apple juice both and i mean give her the med then feed her a little apple sauce if she hurts really bad she want eat that much then let her drink so baby apple juice / half water that is what help my daughter
    happymama7

Answer by happymama7 at 1:49 AM on Jan. 14, 2009