what can i do to induce labor...

i know this has been asked a number of times but its been a while since i seen it any advice will help... will a self induced orgasm work, if u know what i mean?

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 2:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lmao they say it can if it's strong enough. My doctor always told my hubby and I to go home and have sex. I truly think that the only thing that works is nature taking its course. When your baby is ready to make his/her entrance he/she will. Don't rush it. Enjoy the peace right now because soon enough you will be exhausted and have a wee lil baby screaming at you :) Good Luck.

Oh I do know some methods that are out there to self induce can be dangerous to both the baby and the momma, so keep that in mind on your quest trick nature :)
    Anonymous

• No, it is the semen that softens your cervix. My hubby and I had sex every night for a week, and my water broke 10 days early.
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It'll make you have some contractions but it wont nessasarily put you into "real" labor!! Im tryin too, good luck!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• how far along are you?
    Anonymous

• I have heard that nipple stimulation works. But I couldn't get it to work with my first.
    LTLDEB

Answer by LTLDEB at 2:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• the only way to induce labor is to let your dr do it. but you can try sex, walking, nipple stimulation, and i guess maybe a self induced orgasm may or may not. Really nothing works unless your body is ready try and be patient.
    Anonymous

• Nothing works. My son was 5 days late and I tried EVERYTHING. What works is "thinking" you are doing something productive. And it just works on the psychological trouble assoicated, kwim? So I walked. I felt like I was doing something. It was healthy, and it kept me from going insane... Too much.

I also agree with Anon- when you post stuff like this you need to include how far you are :)
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 2:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• no a self induced oragasm wont work its the hormon in semen that helps thin your cervix. but really other then sex nothing will induce labor. evening primrose oil helps to soften your cervix. but i tryed everything to induce my labor and none of it worked until i went in to be medically induced
    zimmtobe

Answer by zimmtobe at 2:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• That's possible. I know that "messing around" got me going lol and I had her the next morning.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Your profile says 36 weeks and 5 days. Just be patient. And be thankful your baby is getting a good cookin. I can't imagine even thinking of trying to induce this early in the game.
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 2:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2009