Can you douche 5 weeks after a c-section?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Health

• no you should wait till your doc. tells you it is oh k....and actully douche can lead to PID. (or so my doctor has told me)
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 4:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Douching is totally unnecessary! And it's not good for the pH balance of your vagina.
    Anonymous

• Most Dr's will tell you not to douch at all. The body cleanses itself of bacteria. When you douch it can cause infections. I would ask your Dr and see what they say just to be sure. If you think you have a bad smell there, jusyt wash often with soap and water.
    kimsamomof3

Answer by kimsamomof3 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Most doctors and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) suggest that women steer clear of douching. All healthy vaginas contain some bacteria and other organisms called the vaginal flora. The normal acidity of the vagina keeps the amount of bacteria down. But douching can change this delicate balance. This may make a woman more prone to vaginal infections. Plus, douching can spread existing vaginal infections up into the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries.
    I googled douching after pregnancy and found the above. hope it helps you.
    1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 6:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2008