what can i do to induce labor... answers to ur ?'s

i am 36 weeks, doc wants me to go early because i am measuring at 45 cm, and she is going to induce labor next week if i dont go b4 then... i am also dilated to 4 cm and lost my mucus plug yesterday, and haveing regular contractions 15 min apart

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 2:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• umm celtic, my doc is giving me a planned c section at 36 weeks, babies develop at diff rates and mine is ahead about 2 weeks from where they normally are (go vitamines!!!) so dont say that about the brain, i doubt you are a doctor... i am sure her doc has checked the development, idk about the induction, i know someone who is getting it today and she just got some pills and then she goes to the hospital tonite... her dh is going to cover teh obama march and wont be here next week for her due date so tehy are making it happen now....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• awhhhh 45 cm is big!
    Anonymous

• Walk, walk, walk!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• walk and sex lots of sex lol
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 2:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• clean your windows!! LOL! Yes i know this sounds odd but it worked for me! I had my neighbor come over and stand beside be as I stepped up on the chair cleaned a window, stepped down and so on! I went into labor the next day and had a very healthy and HUGE 10.8 lb baby boy! Naturally... it went to fast for drugs! And yes, I have gone fast and naturally with each one since! Good luck!
    my3sonstaxi

Answer by my3sonstaxi at 3:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• 45 cm doesn't mean anything. at 36 weeks there is still a significant risk to the baby. also the baby's brain is about 1/3 smaller than that of a 39 week baby.

I think you need a second opinion. Fundal height means absolutely nothing. I was always 4-5 cm off with my first, and am off with this one as well. It doesn't equal big babies and your doctor is frankly irresponsible.

At 36 weeks your body may not be ready, and no home induction method will work. Heck, you might as well sign up for a cesarean now because your risk of one increases with an induction, especially earlier in the pregnancy.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I agree with the last response.
    What position is your baby in? Is it healthy? Who usually measures you?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• when i had my daughter they told me to try drink a little wine too help bring contractions on faster
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter what has worked for others... this suggestion from your doc out of the norm. I'd get a second opinion- I completely agree with celticreverie
    Anonymous

• Real contractions .. I say REAL is 5 minutes apart for 1 hour and more. Then you are ready to go girl!!!
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 5:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009