How can i get my 4 year old to sleep in her own bed!!!!

When my daughter was a year old we all most lost her to pnehmia she was in the hospital for a week when she came home they told us to have her sleep with us to moniter her breathing and we did then back in her crib she went then my husband got sick when she was 3 and would not sleep in her toodler bed and i made her every night go in there and when my husband came home 2 weeks later she would not stay in there she came in and i have stoped fighting with her she is turning 5 in feb and i have a back ache every morning from her sleeping in there with us....Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

peachy101

Asked by peachy101 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL No idea but good luck. My dd turns 4 in feb and is always in our bed. It doesnt bother us though. Some nights my 8 yr old even climbs in bed if he has a nightmare or something. We dont stress about it. I have teens too who used to do the same things. They actually DO grow out of it. Good luck.

Answer by gemgem at 3:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Oh you poor thing! I don't have a clue what you should do because I don't have the experience with this (4/5 yo).. but I did have some issues with my daughter not staying in her bed at 2/3 yo. I just kept putting her back in her room.. even if I'd nod off, eventually she'd wake me back up and I would just carry her back to her bed. hmm... maybe since she's a bit older you could bribe her a bit? If she stays in her bed all night she will recieve a reward.. marshmellows work well in our house and they are cheap.. just an idea. may sound corny, but it seriously motivates my daughter to do what I ask :)
    LainesBabies

Answer by LainesBabies at 3:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• You know sometimes it's better to just let them sleep with you until they feel safe enough to sleep in there own beds by themselves. I have a 3 1/2 year old son and he has slept with us every sense he was about 8 months old, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Just think we have our spouses to comfort us, but those little fellows are all by themselves in there beds. They feel loved, and safe when they are with mommy and daddy and I think there is nothing wrong with that at all. I did the same thing with my oldest until he was 5 years old, then I would lay down with him for about 20 mins while reading him a book, this took me just a few weeks and he started going to bed on his own. He is 18 years old now and he fine :o) Hope this helps.

Angiefaye

Answer by Angiefaye at 3:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I fought this for a while with my 3 yr old. I usually put her in her bed when she falls asleep and most of the time she sleeps all night. If she comes back to my bed, it's no big deal. Like the song says one day "you're gonna miss this"
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• thank you guys
    peachy101

Answer by peachy101 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2009