Sippy cup okay?

Well my husband and I will give our son his sippy cup in his crib at bedtime and I'll go in there and take it out when he's done. I was just wondering if this was bad to do. I know they say don't give your kid a bottle because of tooth decay but is it okay if I take it out when he's done? That way he's not sucking on the empty sippy cup all night. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The concern is tooth decay because the milk stays on their teeth all night long, not because the bottle/cup is empty. It would be best to give him his milk/drink before bed, then brush teeth, etc.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 3:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• if it's water... then it's fine. but not milk or juice
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My oldest son, had tooth decay from the sippy cups and the dentist told me that it was OK to give him the cup with water in it not milk or juice.
    cyclemom3byz

Answer by cyclemom3byz at 3:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Tooth decay, choking....
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 4:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009