Same question described better

The other day I asked if it was too soon to talk about marraige with my SO. I got responses thank you for those but I feel like maybe I should have explained myself more. My daughter's father and I, whom were never married, broke up about a year ago due to his abusiveness and several other reasons. A few months later I started dating my best friend of a few years who is a very sweet man but never bothered to tell me he was secretly in love with me because of my current situation (said he would rather be my friend and let me be with some one who he thought I was happy with).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• How old is your daughter? Does she have a positive relationship with her BF? Is he an active and part of her life? If she's old enough, I would talk to her and see how she feels and go from there and if you're all (or both) comfortable talking about it, I see no problem with it. Hope this helps some!

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• cont...In August I was thrown out of my house due to a lack of CS coming in I couldn't afford it all so we moved into a 2 bedroom aptartment with my daughter. We are talking about, but not making any deffant plans about marraige. My family is trying to tell me it's too soon to even be discussing it and I feel otherwise. I think it's a good conversation to have so everyone knows where everyone stands.
    Anonymous

• It sounds to me as though it is a good idea to discuss marriage. Especially if the guy is interested. good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 3:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• She's 3 and she love him
    Anonymous

• from the sounds of it, you love him, he loves you, your daughter loves him and he loves her... I would go for it... if you want to make family happy though.. make the engagement last a year, or year and a half min, so they believe you have had time to get the" bugs" out of your relationship. Bsides.. sometimes if you wait, you end up getting everything you want for your wedding rather that rushing it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009