how to get a 8 month old to hold a bottle on their own?

my son is 8 months old and refuses to hold his own bottle. i am having a hard time getting him to do the stuff he is saposed to be doing. can someone help me please?

jenni123

Asked by jenni123 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son, who is almost 1, will still only hold his bottle sometimes. I'm not worried about his development, hes just lazy and did almost everything about a monthe later than he should. When he started reaching for things, I would put his bottle in his hand and refuse to hold it. He got it, eventually. He still won't hold his bottle if someone else will do it for him!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 5:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• You are ina great position. Chuck the bottle. Give him liquids in a small plastic cup (open top, no "Sippy lid"). Since you have to hold it anyway, he can learn to drink from the cup and may soon want to hold it for himself if you choose the small juice size. Also, kids do not need anything to drink bu water, milk and fruit juice. If they are thirsty, they will drink.
    flob

Answer by flob at 5:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My son had the same problem, so I started setting him up in the baby swing or even the carseat works and I'd bunch up a small blanket and prop the bottle and if the bottle starts falling down or to the side, he'd get frustrated and grab it himself. It took a few tries but he eventually got it.
    Anonymous