What books have you read that allowed you to gain more knowledge of yourself?

When doing soul searching, what books have you read?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• The Road Less Travelled S.Scott Peck, Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey, Connecting by Larry Crabb, Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerich, The Proper Care & Feeding of Marriage by Laura Schlessinger; Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney. I didn't read them for soulsearching but they taught me alot about myself. I have also have done alot of 12 step program work and that has helped me as well. They were more developing myself into who I wanted to be, having had life changing experiences that pointed me to what was important in my life. I continue to soul search. Good question. I am interested in the answers.

The one above is by Captivating by Stacey and John Eldridge.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 6:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I've read several on marriage and the wife's role according to the God. They were very helpful too. My fav was Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs and then Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes. I know it sounds like they are books to make your husband happier, but they're not just that.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• 'The Greatest Miracle in the World', by OG Mandino--you've got to check it out!
    UTZY

Answer by UTZY at 5:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Captivating (by a husband and wife team, cannot remember their names right now)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
    melanie62

Answer by melanie62 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Check out any of the books that "Sark" has written. If I were to write a book...it would look like hers. They are fun, colorful and sooo beautifully enlightening. good luck on your journey
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• not as soulsearching but def. a learning tool. A year before we got married DH and I purchased two books that changed our lives and continues to serve as a source of inspiration even today. They were: The Sensuous Man and The Sensuous Woman. I read mine he read his..and then we switched. I'm very serious. Back when they were first published the authors were only listed as M for the Men and J for the woman. Since that time they are better known as Masters and Johnson. Sexual enlightenment opens a remarkable dialogue.
    Anonymous

• Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Joel Osteen books
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 1:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2008