At what point in your pregnecy did you start to find a dr. for your baby?

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As soon as I found out I was prego.
    Anonymous

• a pediatrician? my ob was hounding me about it forever... i think we finally settled on one around 8months. it's a big decision!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i go to an HMO, so they gave me a list of pediatricians after jackson was born
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I already had an OB, and I knew way ahead of time what Ped I wanted, but as far as actually going around and doing interviews and making a decision, I would recommend starting when your around 6 months.. you want to make sure you find a good doctor that you can trust!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I picked out an ob immediatly and I had the on-call dr when baby was born he was AWESOME
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 3:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I meant to start looking right away...and ended up choosing to stay with my family practioner when I was eight months.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I made the mistake of doing it after she was born and was stuck with the a*hole at the hosp. Next time, I'll use my current ped. I recommend you pick one out at least a month before (incase you have the baby early like I did. I had a few names picked out, but never called)
    Anonymous

• I knew who I was going to use as soon as I became pregnant, my kids went to the same pediatrician I did when I was a kid, I loved the fact that I could call him at home if I was worried about anything.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009