Uggggggggg I dont even wanna think it!!!

I am really particular about good teeth!!! My 19 month old has a little light spot on each of his front teeth and one appears to be getting a little hole in it!!! Is this a cavity??? I have never had one nor have my other 2 kids they have really good teeth as do I.... I thought cavities were black dots but again i dont know!! Should i take him to the denist now or wait to see if thats what it is?? Thanks

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take him to the dentist. If it is a cavity, then waiting will only make the problem worse.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 3:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• take him to the dentist waiting to long could cause even more problems
    cyclemom3byz

Answer by cyclemom3byz at 3:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I would definately take him. My son was three before they found any cavities. I was beside myself and felt like the worst mom. I found out (too late) that his enamal wasn't "growing" with him. Even though they were baby teeth, they eventually sealed them to prevent any more cavities. He's now 10 and we havn't had anymore trouble. It was worth it.
    momof3boyz777

Answer by momof3boyz777 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I thought my son had a cavity when he was a little over a year and I freaked but come to find out they were stained in spots from eating blueberries at Nana's house LOL, definitely better to be safe rather than sorry though, take him to the dentist.
    Rockenmooki

Answer by Rockenmooki at 4:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009