DOES FIBROIDS CAUSE SWELLING IN THE STOMACH

I WAS JUST DIAGNOSED WITH FIROIDS. I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS. DO THEY CAUSE SWELLING OF THE ABDOMEN?

FCG28

Asked by FCG28 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Health

• i guess it depends on where your fibroids are. Honestly i didnt know i had any untill i got pregnant and they found one on my uterus. they said it had probably been there for years i never had any symptoms what so ever and even being pregnant i dont notice anything different. i was told they arnt that big of a issue so long as they arnt huge and taking up lots of space but in that case they would just remove it.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the type of fibroid, the amount of fibroids, the location and the size of the fibroids.  In other words, every women is different. 

I had one low in my uterus near my cervix and it caused excessive bleeding for me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009