Sick Kitty.

I have this beautiful kitty that I rescued in the earlier part of last year. Shes been abused and what not. I remember her going through this when I first found her. But she acts like she can't poop, and I don't remember what I or she did to make her better, she's trying really hard but it's just not happening, and she's kinda old. I can put her on my lap and she'll leak pee, but she's really long haired back there, and we're figuring that its probably from that. I have a friend thats gonna take some of that fur off next week. I might post pics of her. She's adorable. But anyways. What can I do to help her go number 2. I remember the vets saying vegetable oil in there food. She eats wet food, and very little dry cause she has teeth issues. Any help would be greatly appericated. I hate seeing her not comfortable. Thank you in Advance.

Catrin2009

Asked by Catrin2009 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pets

• There are cat laxatives that come in a tube and you put a little in their mouth or on their paw. Your vet could suggest a safe one. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 3:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Buy some mineral oil (it is very cheap) and give her some by mouth. This works GREAT. I had a puppy that was unable to poop, and the mineral oil worked like a charm. Veggie oil works too, but not as well as mineral oil. Give it by mouth, rather than over food.
    Mineral oil is a laxative, and I purchased a bottle for only a $1.29
    Good luck with your kitty

bookay

Answer by bookay at 3:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I had a puppy that could not poop and took him to the vet-his b***hole was plugged with crayons-has your cat eaten any crayons? JK hope it all comes out ok-hahaha
    momsrock13

Answer by momsrock13 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Hello. I am a technican at a vet hospital. First things first is she still eating and drinking and acting normally otherwise? If so, mix a little bit of Metamucil (like a 1/2 to a full teaspoon) in with her food. Try that and see what happens. It should move things along. Good luck!
    momiwant1

Answer by momiwant1 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Hey good luck! My dog ate panties and got herself constipated. Luckily Alpo wet food gives her the trots...none of the vets suggestions worked and I was like f-this let me go get some Alpo and apple juice...she loves apples and it made the Alpo appetizing...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Wooohooo!!! She's doing better, she's pooing, eating and drinking. Thank goodness. Thank you for all the suggestions... I appericate it.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2009