How do I get my toddler to sleep through the night?

My older two did great. Now my 2 year old wakes up every night around 3 am. He usually goes back to sleep but has to get in bed with daddy. We've tried to let him cry it out (some) but we have two older boys in school that get woke up. This really wasn't an option for us. Has anyone had luck any other way??

momof3boyz777

Asked by momof3boyz777 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd say try to adjust his nap schedule and or bedtime, so that he's not feeling ready to wake up at three am. Good luck though.
    lost_faery

Answer by lost_faery at 3:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• idk, I am going through the same thing my middle son will wake up and want to sleep in mommies bed, but I have to work so it is hard to take him back to his room over and over again and if I just let him cry he wakes up his older brother and younger brother! I am trying to take him back to his room and make him understand he has to go back to his own room and sleep, but it is really hard when I have to get up at 5:30 and he gets up at 1:00, 3:00 and 5:00. Let me know if you find an answer!
    cyclemom3byz

Answer by cyclemom3byz at 3:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Read the No Cry SLeep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley. It really improved my son's sleeping habits and quickly.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009