Will I ever re-coop? I've lost my desires.

My now EX DH and I separated at the end of last summer. The divorce has finally gone through and is over. I have been a busy single Mom since it all started. EX has made few and weak efforts to spend time with our son. He has moved halfway across the country, without a second thought for a job. I have not been with a man since. I have not dated since. I have no desire to at this moment, even though I do get lonely from time to time. When I DO crave attention, I'm pretty much over it by the next day. Everytime someone brings up my EX and my divorce or my EX and our son, as I explain things, I start ranting and raving and then start man-hating. Will there be any end to this garbage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• If you seek a counselor to help you work through what seems like repressed rage. But you will eventually not be like this. How long depends on how long you hold onto your anger. Ya have to let it go. It's over with. Move forward with life.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I think alot of women go through that faze after being treated the same way. I know I would. Sometimes things like this take time to heal. You will be ready on day.
    kimsamomof3

Answer by kimsamomof3 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Just like when a loved one dies, when a marriage dies there are stages of grief you go through and it is different for everyone. It will go away. Don't worry that there is something wrong with you. It would be a disaster if you tried to get together with someone before you were actucally ready. It is best to spend time alone and get back to yourself. Go through all the emotions and get them out of your system, so that when you are ready to move on there won't be any baggage holding you down. DH and I were seperated for 6 months and I didn't think we were going to be able to work things out. Alot of really bad things went on. I know how you are feeling and if you need someone to talk to I will be glad to.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• You're just not over it yet. It will take time, lots of time. A counselor could definitley help you. Talking about these things and finding the root of your anger will provide closure. Good luck sweetie.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• you're mad. that's normal. you need a good girlfriend who won't mind listening to you bitch. good luck.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:27 AM on Jul. 19, 2008