Does it ever get better?

Im not looking forward to telling the hubby goodbye when he finally leaves (not looking forward to it at all)

does saying goodbye ever get easier :(

akalei

Asked by akalei at 1:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2012 in Military

• military or divorce?
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2012

• military.. no divorce
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 1:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2012

• :( i admire you... I couldn't do it..
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:35 AM on Jan. 8, 2012

• No, it doesn't get easier :( But you learn better how to cope as time goes on. But sadly, goodbyes never get any easier. Is this your first?
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2012

• ya first time... :( we are literally sitting on the couch an im balling my eyes out
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 1:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2012

• How long is he gone for? Heck, I bawl my eyes out knowing my dh goes to work on the oil rigs for 20 days at a time :(
    layawatling

Answer by layawatling at 1:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2012

• Aw :( Just remember the day he leaves is 1 day closer to when he comes home! What branch is he in? My husband is Navy. We are preparing for a year apart. He has an unaccompanied tour to Bahrain. Just try and find things you enjoy and do them. Maybe even find a new hobby to keep you busy! Do you work? Go to school? If not, maybe think about taking some classes!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2012

• My husband isn't in the military, but here's a bump. I have known military wives, and while I don't think it gets "easier", you learn how to cope and pass the time. I think the main thing is just to stay busy. Also, I think that setting a goal is a good idea. Like, (just an example), a friend of mine set a goal to lose so many lbs before her husband got back. She said it made the time pass a lot for her. Make friends with other military wives so that you have support and don't feel alone. Best of luck...I don't know how military wives do it, I truly don't. I commend them, though! I wish you the best!

Oh, and when does he leave? And for how long?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:24 AM on Jan. 8, 2012

• It doesn't get any easier. You do learn how to deal with it and you learn how to pass the time until he is back, but it never gets easier to say goodbye. I remember when my DH left for the first time, I was sleeping and he came home from work, woke me up and told me he had to pack and be back at the squadron in 3 hours. I cried like a baby and didn't sleep at night pretty much the whole 5 months he was gone. This last time I learned how to make it easier to sleep and I have learned how to pass the time, but it still hurts just as much saying goodbye to him.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 3:17 AM on Jan. 8, 2012

• I give you military wives a lot of credit. I am a wreck when my husband goes on a business trip and at most that is only 2 - 3 nights. I 'm sure there are moms groups on base and counseling services available to you to help you deal. Military wives are a breed unto themselves and I know they look out for each other. Good luck!!!

come home

robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 4:10 AM on Jan. 8, 2012