• In the Spotlight:

How do I get her back on track?

My daughter and I have had a very definite schedule for months, and all of a sudden, it's gone. She doesn't want to take her nap, or go to bed when she is supposed to. I've tried to be firm about it, and I've tried to be flexible, but I either end up with a kid keeping odd hours (waking up at five am, naping a few times through out the day, and bed at 11 pm) that don't really work with my schedule, I go to bed pretty early if I can, or a crabby baby (if I don't let her take a nap at what is supposed to be dinner time). Every time I think we've got something that will work for our new schedule, she decides to switch it up again. Any hints as to what I'm supposed to do?

lost_faery

Asked by lost_faery at 3:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is two and just started the same thing about a month ago. My older two boys did it too. Kuddos to you for having a schedule!!! Some moms can't do that. That's great! Anyway, my advice that worked with my other two was to just stay as consistant as you possibly can. I even introduced a few new naptime and bed time ritiuals that they weren't used to. That caught their interest and it worked. We went from our usual routine and switched to a 'nap time book' They loved the change and go right back on schedule. Hope this works for you. My two year old is a work in progress!! We'll see if it works for him as well. Good luck!
    momof3boyz777

Answer by momof3boyz777 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2009