help! i need advice on how to handle tattle tattling between my two boys, 5 and 6 yrs old.

all day long i hear tattling and i feel its wearing me down. does any other mommys have the same problema? thanks

refereemom

Asked by refereemom at 3:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have rules, if you are not bleeding and the house is not on fire I do not want to know. The rules are really not that bad but you get the point. Kids will be kids and they are going to do it. I have tried adding extra chores (very simple task) and also making them write I will not tattle on....

spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Well I would simply look at the one who was tattling and listen to his whining for a moment and then say...very sweetly..."im sorry" after about a week or so of this.. I heard one say, "Im gunna go tell" to which my other childs reply was" go ahead but she's just gunna say she's sorry"...
    ~laughs~
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I had 4 kiddos in 5 years, so obviously tattling has been an issue at our home. I finally made each kid 5 "tattle tickets" and told them to use them wisely as once they had run out they could not tattle any more that day. We had a lot of fun, and I had more peace!
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 7:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2009