Are you experiencing speech development with your premature babies, i liked to know when they started to speak? pls. help me thank you so much.

Language Development of a Premature Child

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have 2 year old twin boys and they were born 5 weeks early, and they only know how to say a few words, but they can't speak even little sentences yet. Although they talk to each other, but I am still waiting for them to talk. I think that with preemies, it just takes a little longer because they have to catch up with other kids. But I practice with them everyday and learning new words and it's going pretty well, I just wish it would happen sooner.
    MamaOfThree86

Answer by MamaOfThree86 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• my son was late being born but hes turning two in october and he says many different words now but only when he wants to and they are not clear yet and he doesn't speak in sentences yet either i don't know if that helps but i can give yoy examples of what he says if your trying to compare your childs progress. my daughter learned faster than my son has, every child is different none learn at the same time but if you ask your doctor they should be able to give you a paper that tells you when they are suppose to learn what i use to have one but i have lost it or id just copy it
    autumnnipper

Answer by autumnnipper at 5:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Mt twins where born at 32 weeks. They turned 3 last Dec. and just within the past few months have really started talking where I can understand them. They babbled for the longest time. I wasn't real concerned, but I did help them out by talking slowly and clearly. My oldest didn't talk till after 2, and he was full term. Have you checked with the dr?
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 8:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2008