What happens if a 17 year old gets a 14 year old pregnant?

and they live in california, and both of the kids want the baby, the 17 year old will be 18 when the baby is born..
what can happen to the 17 year old

andylocz

Asked by andylocz at 3:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Nothing unless the parents press charges, I believe.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Im not sure but I was 15 when i had my daughter, and my boyfriend was 18..Nothing happened, we live in iowa
    jenny_1012

Answer by jenny_1012 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• nothing unless the parents press charges i think. However i dont think id be letting a 14 year old decide to keep a baby shes just a baby herself and as for him what the heck is he doing with a 14 year old.
    Anonymous

• If female's system is mature enough then will her parents and and the male's parents will become even more responsible and try to help the pride parents become better at learning parenthood, taking part in helping get educated in that field as well as offering knowledge of wisdom in experiences of raising babies. Unfortunately their are no born with instructions and the experience being first time parents , they might have to look for help more often and make sure to use precautions to space births apart 2 or more years so no complications in uterus occur such as tissue building causing c-sections to occur in other births as a result. I'm a mother of 5 girls and my 16 yr old became pregnant and miscarried after her first 2 months. I have a 3 and 1/2 yr old diabetic so I felt releaved of being responsible for training because 4 shots a day is quite busy enough for me.
    Best-Adrianao5

Answer by Best-Adrianao5 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Agree with previous posters -- and depends on 14 year olds' parents. She is a minor and her parents should still have a say and the ability to charge him with statutory rape, etc. Do you know if they are going to keep the baby or what their plans are? I truly hope they decide on adoption. We adopted our son from two people that knew they were not mature enough, able--both financially or age-wise--to raise a child. They had their whole lives ahead of them and a baby would only have changed everything for them. I pray they make the right decision and give the baby the greatest chance in life with people who would be able to provide for him/her.
    Squirrel1001

Answer by Squirrel1001 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have known several gals who got pregnant at 14 and 15. They decided to keep the kid and have done great. If anything it was a learning experience and these days if the child really wants to keep the baby they have school who promote bringing the kid to school and the in school daycare center. Each teen is different you are going to have to evaluate yourself, if the 14 year old is ready and of course the 14 yr old will have to ask herself if she's ready. There are also many people waiting to adopt. As far as your questions though. No adult charges can be brought up because at the time the pregnancy took place he was not 18 thats not to say the parents can't get nasty and look for other charges
    Tabetha_ruh

Answer by Tabetha_ruh at 8:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It entirely depends on the parents. My brother was 17 and his girlfriend was 14, they split up when my nephew Parker was less than a year old. He is now 21 and she does everything she can to make his life miserable and uses Parker as weapon against him.
    MysticFerret

Answer by MysticFerret at 10:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• it depends on the parents. the parents can press chargers but if the girl agrees that she did it willing nothing will happen.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the State's law sometimes the parents don't need to press charges, there was a case in our local paper(NY) a few months back where a 16 yr old and her 18 year old boyfriend lived with her parents, she got pregnant and went to get on medicaid and Social Services made the call when they found out the dad was 18 and he was charged with statutory rape.There was also a case where when the mother went for child support they learned the father was underage and she was charged!
    Anonymous

• quit having sex. you're only 14.
    Anonymous