I just had a baby a month ago, is it ok for me to exercise?

I had a forceps delivery with her, so I had to have an episiotomy. Would it be ok for me to jog, or do sit-ups? I've lost pretty much all of my baby weight, but that's only because of genetics. I would still like to tone my stomach up though. My mother has a perfect stomach after 2 kids, and I'm striving for that too. =]

DementedPsyche

Asked by DementedPsyche at 5:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I wouldn't jog....sit ups should be okay.

I tried jogging earlier than 6 weeks too, and also had an episiotomy. It didn't heal properly, and also brought lengthened my post-partum bleeding. I can't say for sure if the jogging interfered with the healing, but it def. brought the bleeding back.

Take it easy, mama.

MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 5:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• yes its perfectly alright as long as you dont over do it
    autumnnipper

Answer by autumnnipper at 5:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Absolutely not! You are supposed to wait six weeks until the doctor gives you the ok at your six week postpardom check up. I'm suprised they didn't tell you that. You could hemorage.
    karina400

Answer by karina400 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• They told me I could do easy work-outs, but they didn't exactly explain what an easy work-out was. I've never thought of any work-outs as really being 'hard'. But I'll take it easy. I just wanted to hear from others who were in the same situation as me.
    Thank you all. =]
    DementedPsyche

Answer by DementedPsyche at 10:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2008