Stopping nursing

My daughter has pretty much self weaned herself. In the last week she has nursed twice, only from one side, and only for like five minutes. I am nervous Im going to get a blocked milk duct. What should I do?

Babydust2020

Asked by Babydust2020 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pump yourself. You can always freeze your milk. Pumping will prevent you from drying up and keep the milk flowing.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Alternate warm and cold compresses for any discomfort, also pain reliver may help. If you suspect a serious problem is forming (mastitis) contact your doctor or a lactation consultant.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I used chilled cabbage leaves to keep the swelling down and took tylenol for the slight aches. Don't pump or express if your wanting to naturally dry. Good luck!
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2008