why does my 6 month old want to be held all the time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son's 2 1/2 and he's always loved to be held. If your baby is more clingy than usual maybe s/he's starting to go through separation anxiety. It happens even if you're not actually "separated" from each other. My son went through it when he was about 7-8 months and it only lasted a month or two and he was back to normal, but still wanting to be held quite a bit, of course. They're babies, that's what they do, lol!
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 4:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Does alot of family hold the baby?
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 4:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Because your baby is 6 months old. :) Seriously. It's a phase and will pass. Right now is when separation anxiety kicks in full time. Just keep holding your baby. Look into babywearing. You'll be able to hold your baby and keep your hands free. Good luck. I know it can be overwhelming.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 5:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009