Are you still "in love" with your first love? Anyone still wonder what they are doing...where they are? Any one contacted theirs after not seeing them for more than 10 years? What happened

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I dont know if in love is the right term. I do wonder where they are and did try and contact him a few years ago. It didnt go that well. I had really hurt him and he didnt want to talk to me and he had since married. Atleast I knew he was ok and alive.

Answer by gemgem at 4:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i wouldnt say that im in love with the person..I care alot about the person and hope that he will have a good and awesome life like i have.. and i never want to see anything happen to him..We were just 2 different people at the time that we met.. but i will always care for him because he will always have a place in my heart..
    butterflygirl24

Answer by butterflygirl24 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i'm still in love with my first love cause that is my current husband. i never truly loved my ex not like this and it was not the right kind of love. so i have told him so. he was really touched. with my ex it was love hate and i was really young. i don't consider teen love as real love cause i never knew what love was until i found my eternal husband.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Leave it to me to fall in love with a native AUSTRALIAN man!!! Could I have possibly made a "reunion" any more impossible?! LMAO! While I am no longer in love with the man, when I am stressed and feeling down, I have caught myself daydreaming about the "what ifs" What if, I had decided not to finish my last year of college and decided to travel the world with him? What if, when I graduated, I decided to throw caution to the wind and moved to Australia?!

But then I snap back to reality, and KNOW that in my heart of hearts it wouldn't have worked, and I would NEVER have the life I have now with my amazing husband and our children! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My first love and i still care about each other but i wouldnt say we are still in love with each other. Yes we keep in touch. He is married and so am I. We chat about our step-kids and other things. I am glad we stayed friends after all this time.
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• wasn't in love really, but we reconneced after 8 yrs. he was really happy and sorry for all the stuff he put me through. we talked for almost two yrs as friends and now i just feel ready to move on and told him i was basically done (last month) it was nice to talk with him again, and good to know i have no feelings for him at all =]
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 4:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Nope...not in love with him any more, but I did wonder about him. He found me about five years ago, after 15yrs. It was cool because he started talking about flying 2500 miles to visit and hook-up. I felt totally vindicated! He let me get away all those years ago, and it was him that was regretting it...*smile* I got to tell him I wasn't even remotely interested. It felt so good.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 4:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Sometimes I am curious about former boyfriends. Some more than others. This one particular person that I really liked and cared for in high school, from what I gather from people who know him now, say he is an alcoholic. Or maybe that is too harsh. More like he drinks to get drunk for fun and he smokes. I have gone to his myspace page and it is not set to private. I find it sad. He was very smart and had so much going for him. He is educated (very) and appears to have things together I guess. Just the whole drinking, smoking, bitter personality thing. It breaks my heart and I know that things could have been so different for him. Other than that I am happy for all my ex's and wish them well
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 5:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• No and frankly I never was in love with him. I "thought" I was when I was with him though.
    I don't even think about him.
    Anonymous

• Yep, he was my first and last love, married at 18 and married 18 years we are still in love. Hasn't been easy, but I know all the "what if's".
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 5:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2009