Do you buy organic milk?

I've been buying organic milk lately because of all the reports of hormones and antibiotics in milk that can be harmful for children. Is it important to any of you, or do you buy regular? I've had to buy the regular due to price some recently and found I don't like the taste of it as much as the organic though.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 4:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Here is a link you may like.

http://www.whyeatorganic.net/

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• only organic milk at my house!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I buy organic milk and we love it. I cannot believe how much better it tastes. Organic is worth the money IMO
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I buy organic for the same reason.

Answer by Bmat at 4:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I do. I also buy organic eggs, meat, some fruit and veggies because not all is needed to and peanut butter. I really try to buy whatever I can in organic.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Christine0813, OP here. Is it important to buy organic peanut butter? Never thought about that. I will be buying organic milk for sure from now on. I just read up more about it and regular milk is really not good with the hormones and all! I like Eggland's best eggs so I buy those, the brown ones normally. I buy chicken that says has not been given hormones or antibiotics, and I always buy organic celery, and I try to buy organic apples and berries when I can afford it (the celery is just as cheap as buying regular pretty much). I never thought about peanut butter though.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yes because of the high fat content, they hold on to pesticides more.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Cool thanks for letting me know that!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• You're welcome.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I try to always buy organic milk, but with 6 kids sometimes I just can't afford it. At the very least I make sure it's hormone free milk.
    Anonymous