• In the Spotlight:

how did you come to find your path whatever it may be?

just wondering how you come to know for certain what path you wanted to follow? Is it because it was how you were raised, what your husband believes in, or you come to find it on your own, or other?

dearone07

Asked by dearone07 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I found mine the hard way, like most people do. In the end I learned my lessons the hard way, but it was my upbringing that I fell back on.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Like vbruno I found mine the hard way, but it was the uprbringing that I went back to. Like the Bible says, train a child up in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. (There is a period of rebellion, but the hard ways bring you back to the right way.)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I found mine by asking questions, studying many religions, and throwing away the parts that seemed contrary to my image of God as an loving, enlightened entity. What was left works for me!
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I am a Christian and was raised in a Christian home. It wasn't until I was in college though and studied things on my own that I really took it seriously.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I found my path by searching for it. The tools I used were comparative mythology, religious texts, science, philosophy, anthropology & talking to people about their beliefs. I chose the path that made the most sense to me. In some spots I am carving out my own path.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Initially it was probably in how I was raised, as well as a proding in my heart. It has been confirmed to me over the years by asking questions, study, research and prayer.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 6:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My parents decided that we would get to choose our own way. I was STARVING for God, for that higher power as a teenager- I would go to ANY church that someone invited me to- I studied the faith as much as I could- there are so many things about the different religions I have tried that I love- even Buddhism and LDS and jewdism- but after searching and seaching- I just felt it was best for me to just be "christian" it is all about the PERSONAL relationship with God- and to me that matters- it is So different for every person- a big part of my faith is my Church- THAT was SOO hard to get into- but I LOVE the community it gave me, I love the support I get from the people there- it is trully amazing :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 6:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• when I was 20 i crashed my car drinking and driving. After that all I could think about was god. So I did some reasearch on different branches of christianity catholics which what I was baptised as I studyed firs I couldnt except the pope or confession baptist which is what my dad is I did like that we could be saved and start over fresh lutheren they believe alot like the catholics except the pope or marry which i liked I even talked with a jehova wittness at my work i liked that they didnt celabrate haloween because its pagan holiday BUt eventually I gave up.Then I met a non practicing muslim he lied to me cheated on me BUT he told somethings about islam So after 4 years of reading books i decided to take classes at the mosque and after a few months i converted to islam then i met my husband I have amazing life now
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 6:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I gave up everything when I went to the mosque my long term jerk boyfriend who at the time I loved my friends everything just because nothing else made sense to me. I personally believe that you cant just be born into a religion you have to study all to chose the best one for you
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 6:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• God hit me over the head with a couple of 2 by 4's LOL!! Nah, seriously, He got my attention with my twins. He called me. I answered, and started really searching my own basic Christianity, as well as other faiths. I ended up back in Christianity, Orthodox to be specific. I'm home.
    LJ1976

Answer by LJ1976 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2008