Lice eggs - can't get rid of them...

tried: mayo, vinegar, and hair dye. his hair is still full of eggs. we also did 3 lice med treatments. wtf

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2012 in Kids' Health

• Try putting the Vinegar in and combing it out while it is in there.

Answer by gemgem at 4:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2012

• There is one lice killer that worked great but I dont remember the name of it. It's an oil based treatment and you comb the hair while it is still in rather than the traditional, wash, rinse, and comb method. It cost me like $25 dollars though. It almost reminded me of a watered down version of Vaseline. Thats the best way I know how to describe it. Also, are you using metal or plastic combs? That could make a difference too.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2012

• I heard olive oil works.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2012

• If it's the eggs you have to comb comb comb. It can take a few days to get them all out.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 6:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2012

• Somehow, we managed to avoid lice (probably the only family on the block. Here are some remedies that I have held on to in case I need them. For prevention, mix 50% olive oil, 25% tea tree oil and 25% rosemary essential oil (you can get this at a health food store or Whole Foods); massage on scalp and leave on for 15-20 minutes. To cure, you can use mayonaise or coconut oil; put on the hair, wait about 30 minutes, and comb out with a flea comb from a pet shop; follow with the prevention spray. You will need to wash bedding, clothes, pillows, etc.
    Trader Joes has a great shampoo and conditioner with tea tree oil and peppermint; these wouldn't hurt, and are great for adolescent, greasy, flakey, scalps

Answer by rkoloms at 8:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2012