ok here it goes we have a pool the next door neighbor does not everyday the little girl who is 10 comes out and askes if she can come swimming this is the only time she wanrs anything to do with my daughter who is 7 and my grandaughter who is 5 how do i tell her no nicely? i dont want to be mean but we are not friends but hi and stuff like that with her mom and sister i just dont want any drama i also get tried of her asking everyday!!

how do i say no to a little girl that keeps asking to swimming in my pool ?

babybear1997

Asked by babybear1997 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• I'd just say no, we are having family time today, and I promised my girls they'd have me all day to their selves!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• We had a pool growing up and had the same problem. My mom would say, no I'm sorry but I can't watch you right now, and we have rules that you have to have an adult watch you.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Is she coming over when the kids are in the pool? That can make it a bit more difficult, but just keep telling her no. She'll clue in eventually and stop coming over.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 6:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I like feesharose's answer. It's hard to be responsible for your child, your grandchild & the neighbor's child! Just be consistent.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 6:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I would tell her Im sorry but my ins doesnt pay for others to swim in the pool without there parent present and really I dont have time to swim myself so I can't watch you with your mom. ok so then if she came back, I would go to the moms house and ask the mom, Hi your daughter wasn't upset with me yesturday was she? mom will be like WHY? then you say, well she wanted to swim and I tried to explain to her that my insurance doesnt allow children without there parent there to swim and I didnt want her feelings hurt. cause kids are sensitive. but again it is hard because Im so busy inside the house that I can't watch her and I was hoping you could explain that to her.
    1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 7:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I would simply just tell her "sorry honey, NOT today".
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I agree with SAHMinlL.." Sorry honey, not today"
    TEXASMOM157

Answer by TEXASMOM157 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Unfortunately we live in a world, where people are seeking others to babysit their children. I am dealing with a similar situation. It's not the kids fault. This has been going on for me over a year. No one get's the clue, like one of the previous post mentioned. Eager to see more answers to the question as well.
    Anonymous

• Maybe Not Today, and ask her over on a specific day with her mom. When she is over swimming, is she playing WITH the kids, or just kind of on her own. Maybe she has a tough time playing with others?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Somme times you just can't be nice! Don't sugar coat it by calling her "honey" like some have suggested here. Just tell her NO and don't ask again!! She will get it and leave you alone hopefully?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2008