my toddler keeps burping and saying 'cupcake.' he didn't even eat a cupcake. what do i do?

omg and now he just screamed really loud :o

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could he think he is saying "excuse me?"
    About the burping and the screaming I don't know.... does he have a tummyache?

Answer by Bmat at 4:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I agree with Bmat, that maybe thinks he's saying excuse me? My 5 yr old used to sound like he was saying "squeeze me" whenever he said excuse me. People always gave him the weirdest looks when they thought he was burping and then saying "squeeze me".
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• He may be trying to say excuse me. Or he may be trying to say "hiccup" and is confused as to which is a hiccup and which is a burp.

What to do? Just ask him "are you trying to say ____?" And gently explain the right thing to say.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• do you think he wants to play with his toy cars?
    Anonymous

• I think it is precious, and agree w/ kaycee 14. Just laugh under your breath and do what she said do.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• ...could be hiccup???
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• If he's naturally burping and saying it he's most likely trying to say "excuse me". If that is the case, simply praise him and say it correctly: "very good sweetheart, we say "excuse me" when we burp"

If he's making himself burp and saying it, just ignore it.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009