pregnant w a desk job- my tummy is always hurting..

like i feel everything getting pushed into my ribs and it hurts so much- im 19weeks
I wonder if its because of me always sitting this way all day- anyone else out there at a desk job pregnant? is this normal? is there something i should be doing diffrent? i had twins and dont remember it feeling this bad!!!

KITTYLITTLES

Asked by KITTYLITTLES at 4:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My son hurt me when i had him. I was a receptionist and my tummy always hurt. My dr recomended i take a pillow to work and use it for my back. That way if i needed to switch the way i was sitting i was still comfortable. Hope that helps
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yea, it sounds like its because you're sitting all day. Do you have good posture, does sitting up straight help ease the pain?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Can you take small breaks to get up and stretch or maybe walk on your free time. I am sure that would give you some relief.
    elismom122003

Answer by elismom122003 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• maybe too good of posture! its weird like sitting up straight is whats making it hurt- when i lean back it eases a lil- but who can lay back all day and still reach the computer-lol

just wondering if it is me sitting- or if i should be worried
    KITTYLITTLES

Answer by KITTYLITTLES at 5:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I had the same problem when i was pregnant at work. I had to walk around the building on my breaks, and on my lunch i would walk around the building as well.
    frisc0b0und

Answer by frisc0b0und at 6:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have the terrible pain in my ribs from them expanding as well, and I HAD a retail job but left it because of the pain. I wish I would have had the chance to see if I could make it with a desk job...
    The pain in your ribs is completely normal. Mine started about 2 months ago, and I'm now 8 months and it still hasn't gone away, only gotten worse.
    Good luck, you'll need it. Let me know if you have any other questions about the rib pains.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 7:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• THANX!!
    KITTYLITTLES

Answer by KITTYLITTLES at 3:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009