help!!!! clueless mom!!!

what is the best thing for a diaper rash???? i need somthing that is gonna dry it up and make it go away....thanx Destinty

Destinty

Asked by Destinty at 5:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• BUTT PASTE.. You can get it at walmart or any drug store... Its the best...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i use the desitin overnight... and balmex.. it helps
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 5:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I used the over the counter brands like Desitin but for my youngest I had to get a prescription

busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i use desitin. works amazing, usually coat the area before bed, and by morning the rash is gone... once my daughter had a really bad rash and a friend of mine told me to use vagisil. that really worked very well also. hope this helps.
    abigailsmom922

Answer by abigailsmom922 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• After trying many things, we've settled on balmex.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I use the Aveeno brand diaper cream....It works pretty good. If the rash don't go away within a week then take the baby to the doctor! When my boys were babies they both got yeast infections...Yes boys can get yeast infections! :)
    Oh! And also air dry as much as possible...it works!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 5:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• First try leaving the diaper off for a bit and let the area dry out. Do this as often as you can (before kaylee could crawl we would put down a garbage bag, and a towel over top of that, and lay her down and let her play with her toys. Now that she is crawling everywhere, we just recently took her diaper off and blocked off the kitchen and let her scoot around in there.

Next, every time you have a diaper on the baby, use some Desitin (it works wonders for me, but no so well for other moms - it depends on the baby). use it generously. And make sure baby is clean - I let Kaylee sit in the tub once a day when she has a rash to make sure the area is (and stays) clean.

Good Luck! It may take a day or two, but the airing out will help tremendously.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Balmex.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We use A&D ointment, desitin was brutal on Leila's little hiney!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Burts Bees has a diaper rash cream
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 5:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009