what are some signs that you body gives you labor is around the corner?

i've been dialated to 1 for weeks now no change what so ever and i've been feeling the "contractions" in which they're calling false labor. i'm over due and i'm fed up i just want to know if it's close by something my body may be doing

ittybittyme710

Asked by ittybittyme710 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Signs of labor - BabyCenter
    Signs of labor. Reviewed by the BabyCenter Medical Advisory Board ... Sometimes, as true labor draws near, Braxton Hicks contractions become relatively ...
    www.babycenter.com/0_signs-of-labor_181.bc
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• You're body will probably do something out of the ordinary. Unfortunatly there is no sure fired way to know, it's different for every mom. Try walking as much as you can, have a lot of sex (i know i know...last thing you want to do! But sperm helps to ripen your cervix). And just listen to your body. YOu'll know :) Hang in there!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I actually felt good for a day I mean good....my feet didn't hurt so bad I was in a good mood I went to go get ready for bed sat on the toilet and out popped my (this is gross) mucas plug (eeewwww i hate that) then in a hour or so my contractions started coming and my daughter was born 20 hours later.
    emmasmommy1016

Answer by emmasmommy1016 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 18, 2008