Doesn't this drive you nuts?!

Every day I get phone calls from people who want me to donate to different charities. I'm getting so tired of it considering I just lost my job and am having a hard time finding one. Then they try to make me look like an ass if I say no. Doesn't that make you crazy?! Do you get those because I'm bombarded with these calls.

Oh yeah, I just got a letter wanting a donation in the mail.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have told people that, sure I'll dontate. After I pay x amount in rent. x amount for this x amount for that...and I go on and on. They usually hang up on me.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I should add, that I don't have a problem donating. I do have a problem with people that hound you.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i just tell them why are you calling me i live in a cardboard i need some too...
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 5:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I tell them I have specific charities I donate to and if I am interested I will get back to them. I also tell them for the next few years my donations to charitable organizations will be decreasing but if they would like to call me back in 2012 we can talk.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I hate those calls, I often don't answer them. My theory is if you can't identify yourself and your number is blocked then I dont need to answer. If I see an 800 number I know it is a sales call, so just don't answer those calls.
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 5:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• For most I just say that my budget can't handle it right now and they say they understand and that's the end of it. Maybe the charities in our area understand the economic situation around here better.
    For state and local charities that use a third party to handle their donations I tell them that I would rather donate directly rather than send through them and then only a portion of what I send actually gets forwarded to the charity. They seem to understand and that's the end of that.
    Any others that give me a hard time I tell them firmly to take me off their calling list right away and then I hang up on them.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2009