im mean to my husband when im drunk

every time i drink i say the MEANEST things to him, last night i said something so mean i cant even believe it, if someone said that to me i would have punched them. what do you think this means, since alcohol = truth serum?

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 5:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• If you don't actually believe what you said, then I would just move on and avoid getting drunk in the future. If you told him that he sucked in bed, then maybe you would want to look into it... because it can make you say things you would otherwise keep to yourself. Not your issue, just saying for example ;) If you know you did not mean what you said, then just focus on putting it in the past.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It means you shouldnt drink.

Answer by gemgem at 5:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think it can be truth serum..... but alcohol is never a good way to get your feelings out you just end up looking like a mean drunk asshole and nobody respects that!! My boyfriend is good at being really brave and saying mean things when he is drunk and he wonders y im turned off by him!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• If you don't mind me asking what did you say?
    Anonymous

• I agree with gemgem if drinking brings out the worst of you, give it up.
    busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• If you know what causes the negative behavior, why not seperate yourself from it? Meaning, don't get drunk. And if you can't have just one or two drinks, then I would stop all together and possibly seek help.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i dont know that i believe its a truth serum type of deal i have said some mean things to my husband drunk that i know deep down i dont mean. I think you might wana stop drinking my husband and i learned early on we cant drink together becuz we are mean to each other.
    Anonymous

• My DH says that his ex used to do the same to him!! She always told him that she said the truth when she was drunk.. Sounds to me that you have a problem with your husband, and you can only deal with it when you are drinking.. I don't want to sound mean.. Maybe you can seek some help like AA.. I do wish you luck..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 5:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i should add that im only mean to him when i drink, and what i said was sooo mean i cant even post it here
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I don't think alcohol is a truth serum. Some people just don't react well to it and should avoid it altogether. I've never seen it bring out honesty, but have seen a lot of people make bad decisions because of it... and I don't think they were being truthful or honest with themselves, mainly just made them act stupid.

It really depends on what you said, but as long as you are happy with your DH, I wouldn't look to far into it... but I would be apologizing!
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2009