question on breastfeeding without enough milk, what to do

I nursed 2 boys but never got enough milk. It seemed as if all the milk ducts weren't open. I am expecting and really want to breastfeed and will do almost anything to make my body work better. Thank you, Mommyteacher76@yahoo.com

mommyteacher76

Asked by mommyteacher76 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• TRY PUMPING THE MILK OUT IT WORKED GREAT FOR ME
    Anonymous

• Find a certified lactation consultant to help you through this process. She can advise you on proper latching on techniques (maybe there wasn't enough milk coming out before because there was a problem with how your boys were latching one), how to use a pump to increase your supply, and whether or not herbs can help increase your milk production (fenugreek and some others are often used to increase milk supply). While breastfeeding, you really need to keep yourself hydrated.
    Congratulations on the new baby, and kudos to you for searching out help to have a successful breastfeeding relationship! I really admire that you are going to try again!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yep, find a lactations consultant first and foremost. Rarely do women not produce enough. If your milk production is the problem you can do any or all of these things to help it.

1. Mother's Milk Tea
    2. Fenegreek
    3.Blessed Thistle
    4. Oatmeal
    5. make sure you eat well and stay hydrated!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009