I'm pregnant but I don't want to have a baby.

I'm 18 and I don't want to be tied down with a child at this point in my life and I am no longer with the father. I don't want an abortion but I don't want to carry the baby all the way untill it's born. What can I do?

kaylat1990

Asked by kaylat1990 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your only options are either have an abortion or carry to term. There are a lot of people that adopt children, and there are a lot of women that put children up for adoption. I really think you should consider adoption in your case. PM if you want to talk.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Well, this should have been something that you thought of before having sex with someone. Sorry, but it's true!

You have 3 options...
    -carry the baby and keep it as your own
    -carry the baby and give it up for adoption
    -terminate the pregnancy

That's up to you to decide. I'd seriously recommend you think it through and get yourself some reliable birth control!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• There is really not much you can do....I mean you dont want to keep the baby or be tied down so there fore the answer would be adoption but then you throw in the mix that you dont want to carry at all well that leaves abortion....How far along are you anyway? Your not leaving much that you can do...
    twinsn1girlmom

Answer by twinsn1girlmom at 5:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Nothing you can do now other than abortion, you're going to have to carry the baby full term and then give it up for adoption. How far along are you? It's only 9 months of your life, surely you can do that for your baby? And then give him/her up for adoption and then you won't be tied down.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• abortion, adoption, or keeping the baby are your only options, unless God forbid you have a miscarriage. im sorry
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I don't want to come off too harsh or blunt about this... but there really isn't anything you CAN do besides either having an abortion, or carrying the baby to term and giving it up for adoption. I know there are drastic measures some women take to try and self-abort the baby, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, you could end up hurting yourself and then if the baby stays it could be born with horrible defects. You need to think what is best for you and your health, and if you do want to keep the baby and give it up to a family who would adopt it, you need to make sure that baby is healthy too. Good luck!
    Amanda_Jeanne

Answer by Amanda_Jeanne at 5:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• For many, many women, an abortion is the "easy" way out but it comes with all sorts of emotional ramifications. Pregnancy is beautiful... give it a try... and go for adoption. You can even interview prospective parents with some agencies. Look at the little one inside you body and see him or her for who they will be- a baby, a teenager, an adult. Give him that chance.
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• guess you should have thought about that befor having sex then huh? sorry but its the truth.
    you only have 3 choices

have the baby
    have the baby and give it up
    or a abortion

those choices you have to make on your own.
    How far along are you?
    Id say when you decided regardless of what your choice is you better find some birth controlle that works and practive using it and try condoms to while your out it.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• WHAT??? What other option do YOU have?? You have to carry it to give it up for adoption. You say you don't want to have an abortion.. Give yourself a few days to think about this.. You'll come up w/ something.. Good luck..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 5:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Mommy2B04...you realize we said almost the same EXACT thing, LOL! Great minds think alike!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2009