I am new to the site and very excited about finding you all. Looking for idea's on chore charts please.

I am looking for some idea's on reward charts on a budget. Like most of us money is tight, however my husband and I have decided it is time with the New Year for our girls to be a bit more responsible for chores. However we do not want to be paying them for cleaning up there own messes. Rather reward them for there hard work....
They already get there allowes as well as many extra's for special things just as a Movie night out for a very good grade they were worried about.
There ages are 13,7, and 4 all girls
Thank you all
Nicole

mommyofangel324

Asked by mommyofangel324 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Get a dry erase board and some gold stars or something. Every time they complete a chore to standard, they get a gold star. Give them a list of required chores (their rooms, their laundry, helping with dishes and clearing the table) and then give them an alternate list of extras to help earn money on top of the allowances. Like raking leaves or shoveling snow, cleaning walls. Things that only need done occasionally. That way they can learn that if they put more in, they get more out, but you also aren't breaking your budget to teach that. Good luck.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Actually if you do a search for printable chore charts you get a ton of website to look at. We plan not to have allowances per se. There are things that are expected of the kids because they live here, put away their laundry, clean up after themselves etc...however I am a SAHM and I generally have the trational mom duties and my DH has the traditional dad things. We will assign a dollar amount for those if the girls want to earn the extra money. It is my job to do the dishes, so I might set the dishes at $1.00. If the girls want to make money they can empty the load, run and empty the dishwasher for the $1.00.
    That is our plan anyway, my kids are still fairly young so we are still working on the things they are expected to do.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• http://www.freeprintablebehaviorcharts.com/chorecharts4-10.htm
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Thank you everyone!!! I love your answers this is so exciting. The girls charts went up this morning, after a very FUN family meeting, they couldn't wait to jump right in, OMGOSH it was a blast.......
    And mom2queenie2004 that website is I have to say THE #1 Parenting site I have ever seen....
    Thank You!!!!
    God Bless you all.
    Nicole
    mommyofangel324

Answer by mommyofangel324 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have a dry erase board in the hall way right in front of my step daughters room (we just got custody big adjustment for everyone) I have about 6 or 7 chours she came up on the board. Brush teeth morning and night, read 15 mins, trash if needed, make bed, clean up room, laundry
    She starts out with $5.00 allowance a week. But everytime she doesnt do something on her list she loses $.25 and at the end of the week she gets her allownace but whatever she gets she has to split with us and we started a bank account to her and put the half we get right into her account.
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 2:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2009