• In the Spotlight:

Do you ladies have something different for everynight set up for dinner?

Like on Mondays - Friday and weekends we just go out to eat.
You know like on "Leave It To Beaver" How June Cleaver would always have dinner ready and each night it would be something different.
If you do have a list can I please have it as well. Thanks!
I am tired of the same thing. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• No, I usually have a meal two or three nights in a row. Cook once eat two or three times, I says! But I do try to fix a variety of food. Chicken, ham, meatloaf, and I am trying to serve more fish but don't really feel comfortable cooking it.

Answer by Bmat at 6:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I don't have a certain night that I do anything specific. I just buy what' s on sale.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We try not to have the same type of meat every night . We usually change it up like, chicken,pork steak,game hen,beef steak,corn beef and cabbage beef roast,porkroast, Some times we make break fast for dinner. Or we do taco night,not take out, do it your self type at home. we have chili dogs. Lasagna, not store, bought home made. We switch it all up.

Answer by louise2 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I don't have a list or a specific day to eat certain meals...but I don't eat the same thing several days in a row, just because I can't stand to eat the same thing over and over. Yesterday I had a BLT and some fresh fruit for dinner. Today, it will be pork & chicken with dressing (the bread type, not salad). Tomorrow, ravioli, salad and bread. Thursday, beef stew at my mom's. Friday, stir-fry. And so on and so forth.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yep I have dinner ready every night by 6:30pm and we have something different every night. I make spaghetti and salad, meatloaf, shepherds pie, baked chicken, pot roast (crockpot), enchiladas or enchurritos, wet burritos, chili, tuna casserole, veggy soup (winter time) with sourdough bread, beanie weinies in bbq sauce, meatball subs, and things like that. On the side we have anything from salad, veggies, fresh fruit topped with yogurt, fries, baked potatoes, corn bread, beans, rice, etc. I also make desserts. I usually bake 3 cakes a week and they have that for dessert all week. About twice a month we order pizza and once a month go out to eat.

Answer by gemgem at 6:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yes I cook pretty much every night. On occasion we will have something like pizza or something out of the freezer but for the most part it is something different every night. Every once and a while when we have the extra cash or are on the road we will stop and eat out other than that, It is homemade dinner for us. Usually try to wait for my hubby at 7 but like today I had to break and have it at 6, my kiddos were starving.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• yes I plan the weeks menu one week ahead usually and buy according to that on the Sat or Sun prior to..except every other friday night is mine and hubby's date night and we go out.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I always try new things, I make a list of all the things i am going to need from the grocery store and i usually plan out my weekly list of things im gonna cook. but we eat at my mother in laws house quite a bit so sometimes my list gets put off until the next week. lol
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 7:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I cook almost every night, usually different things. Spagetti w/meat sauce + salad, stuffed chicken, chili, tacos or taco salad, ham pot pie, quiche, breakfast for dinner, casserole.... Anything we decide on!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I do. It's usually something different each night. I don't have a list written out, but I will give you the jist of it. MONDAY: Tacos TUESDAY: Spaghetti and Bread WEDNESDAY: Mac and cheese and hotdogs THURSDAY: Baked Chicken either in a salad or have the salad on the side FRIDAY: beef casserole SATURDAY: Egg Gravy SUNDAY: Breakfast Dinner
    I usually try to do something different for my kids and husband. Then the next week, there will be a few of the same things, but also some new. Good luck
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009