did I test too soon?

I got off BC on Dec. 13th got my period Dec. 16th through the 24th.
Have been trying since Dec. 31st.
Just took a test and it was negative. I did the baby dance on ovulation days based on a 28-30 day cycle which is where i normally am.
should I try to test again later?

kaidensmommy1

Asked by kaidensmommy1 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• well it depends if you periods are 28 days or more, i found out the hard way mine are 35 days. u might want to find a ovulation calendar...u should be able to test 7-10days after you ovulate...
    krystyn

Answer by krystyn at 6:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I had my period on the 16th of December too, I have a 28 day cycle. According to some of the calendars, ovulation was between the 26th through the 1st. My period was supposed to come today and no AF. I tested ++++ last week. I hope this helps you. I would wait a couple of days and test again.
    ttcgirl110

Answer by ttcgirl110 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Wait a few days until you are actually late. You might not have really ovulated normally though since you just came off bcps.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• yeah I want to try again in a few days. I mean lately I've eaten everything in site then right after want to throw it up. ( I know tmi) and I've had cramps, the whole shebang.
    my doctor told me you are most fertile right after coming off the pill.
    kaidensmommy1

Answer by kaidensmommy1 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• keep testing each week until you have a period or you get a positive
    happymama7

Answer by happymama7 at 2:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2009