THE SHOT

I WAS GIVEN THE SHOT TO NOT BECOME PREGNANT THIS PAST DECEMBER. IM CURRENTLY BREASTFEDDING MY TWO MONTH OLD. IVE HAD MY PERIOD SINCE THE SHOT. ITS BEEN MORE THAN A MONTH. WHEN WILL MY PERIOD STOP?

hmomr

Asked by hmomr at 6:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When I had one dose of that shot I bled for 4 months straight...then the remainder of a year I was on again off again each month STRAIGHT.

I would never recommend it to anyone.

Hopefully you'll return to normal before I did. It was a full year...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I REGRET TAKING THE SHOT
    hmomr

Answer by hmomr at 6:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• OH how I hate the Depo Shot. :( I also had random, heavy periods that lasted weeks at time. And how fortunate for me, it also made me eat like there was no tomorrow and I gained 30 pounds. Woo. My periods went back to normal as soon as I stopped the shot and went back to the pill. To me it just wasn't worth it.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• uh i had no shot i guess thats a good thing but i need to know why i dad one for 1 month if you have an anserw on that could you let me know thanks and hope you stop soon
    happymama7

Answer by happymama7 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2009