how do i get my child to take a bottle?

i am a breastfeeding mom. my daughter is 3 months old and won't take a bottle. she has before, but now its like she won't even give it a chance. she even throws up if I'm persistent. any advice would be great.

bubbles1871212

Asked by bubbles1871212 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have someone else give her a bottle, if possible. They say that you should even leave the room b/c your little one can sense/smell that you are there. Try that first. Try to make it a consistent feeding...same time everyday...& take it from there.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 6:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I had to hold my daughter like I was breast feeding her...close to your breast kinda sideways and manuver the bottle, try doing it without your shirt on skin to skin contact....hope it helps
    LilMamaCrooks

Answer by LilMamaCrooks at 8:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• She'll take it when she gets hungry.
    Anonymous

• also the sassy MAM bottles have a nipple that is very close to an actual nipple so she may prefer that, you can get them at Publix if you have them near you or target
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 18, 2008