I took some vicoden and am now wondering if I am pregnant.

I have prescription vicoden for multiple reasons. Well, I am realizing that I had sex when I was ovulating. Now I am nauseous and tired. I am due for my period any day now, but have none of my usual period symptoms. I took two vicoden throughout the day yesterday. I am wondering if anyone else has taken narcotics early pregnancy and how did the pregnancy fair? I am taking a test in the morning, since I wouldn't be far along, I want to use the first morning urine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, nausea is a side effect of Vicodin. Here is the wikipedia page on it. What I was always told was that if you didn't know, it was probably too early to do any damage. Just don't take it again. If you need some pain meds more than OTC kind, I was prescribed hydrocodone for an ovarian cyst during my pregnancy, so its probably okay. But I'd not take anything unless your doctor okays it.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Just 2? don't worry you'll be fine.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i thing you should be fine
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• im sure it will be fine we all do things early in pregnancy at times when we dont know we are pregnant. heck i got all drunk a couple times and then found out i was pregnant like 3 days later when i missed my period. So far so good nothing wrong with baby. Havnt drink since obviously.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicodin

sorry...forgot to paste the link!
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Vicodin is contraindicated, so if you are pregnant, dont take it again. Hydrocodone/percocet is okay, that was what they gave me for pain meds after my c-section, because I was breastfeeding. Had I not been breastfeeding, they would have given vicodin.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009