Why can't people just accept that we all don't believe the same.....don't pray for me

I believe that there is no hell, no firey death. I believe we are reincarnated when we die and yes the dead can talk to you because I have had that experience. So why do Christians and Catholics always say I will pray for you????? I don't need it....just because I don't believe the same as you.

TR3boysand1girl

Asked by TR3boysand1girl at 6:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They say, "I'll pray for you," a) because they can't fathom (and are quite fearful of) you not believing as they do, b) to come off as a good Christian, and c) to be the "end all" for an argument because they can't continue to debate intelligently.

Do they actually ever pray for you? No. So don't worry :)

Anonymous

• i believe in reincarnation too, since energy cannot be created or destroyed :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I will pray for you.
    Anonymous

• cuz they like to push what they believe on people. I hate to say that but its true. Die hard christians and catholics and other religiens push there beliefs on others.
    Anonymous

• I think we say we will pray for you because it isnt what we believe. But I wont pray for you.

Answer by gemgem at 6:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• You cannot control whether or not people pray for you. You can only control YOU.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Just joking :)
    Idk why they do though.
    Anonymous

• They are praying for you because they truly care about your soul.

It bothers me that so many people take offense to someone that shows they care. If you don't believe in it, then why does it bother you so badly?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I love how everyone who wants others to accept they dont believe lumps those who do believe in one pile. Thats pretty hypocritical.
    Anonymous

• BRAVO, I applaud you for speaking up. I too believe in the after life. I think that Christians are just judgemental and they don't see anything else,but what the Bible preaches. I have a hard time seeing that considering that alot of Christians are full of more sins then nonChrisitians.
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 6:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009